Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Run

So I started my 1/2 marathon training on Monday! What a perfect V-day gift to me! The twins and I completed 3 miles (I know we were scheduled for 2 so I ran 2 and walked 1 hoping this will get my body ready for next week when 3 miles is the requirement!). It was gorgeous outside! The weather was nice at about 55 and sunny with a nice breeze (to help push me up the hills!), and the sites were beautiful. It is always fun to see signs of spring- the bulbs poking through the mulch, the trees beginning to sprout, and the grass starting to get greener. It was so peaceful and definitely a stress-reliever. I think that's my favorite part about running. It's not about how far or how fast you run; it's more psychological than that. It's the leaving everything else behind, clearing my mind and just letting go that makes me love running, finding that inner peace and getting me "right" before I start the tough parts of my day. It's just a bonus that it helps the physique too! What makes you love to run?

No comments:

Post a Comment